Friday, February 10, 2012


...diapers, that is!

I noticed this week that some of the Fuzzibunz were getting an ammonia smell to them.  Some quick research at Itsy Bitsy Bums and Fuzzibunz confirmed that I needed to strip my diapers to remove the detergent buildup that was reacting with Gio's urine.

It was actually really easy.  When half of them (11) were dirty, I ran a normal rinse and wash cycle.  Then, I ran them through the hot wash again without any detergent.  I could see that the water was grayish and a little soapy.  One more hot wash cycle confirmed that they were really clean and off to the dryer they went.  Rinse and repeat with the other half of the diapers and no more nasty ammonia smell.  Guess less is more when it comes to detergent on the diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment